Schools are the foundation stones for every young soul who aspires to live their dreams with the right academic insights in the future. Most children spend an average time of 7-8 hours in school. So, parents need to pay heed to this point of concern. Since their wards will be spending almost half the day in and around the school premises, one cannot afford to pick a random institution. Different institutions offer different features and facilities. So much so, some institutes provide free access to academic tools such as essay help typer and plagiarism checkers.
You need to choose a school that won’t force your child to wonder, “Who will do my homework?” The institute should teach students how to be self-dependent.
Parents need to shortlist and evaluate each of those features and go with the one that would suit their preferences. Read this blog and consider the ten crucial points before choosing the right school for your kid.
Here you go!
Extracurricular activities You cannot just send your wards to a school that solely focuses on academic standards and ignores the aspect of regulating extracurricular activities.
Here is a list of the essential extracurricular activities every school must include.
- Martial arts
- Art and Craft
- Dancing ‘
Simply enquire regarding the same and see whether the prospective institution holds a reputation for offering these recreational courses. Once you are confident of it, move ahead to follow up on other important parameters.
This is one of the critical checkpoints one must consider when it comes to choosing an ideal school for the young ones. Evaluating the teacher-strength ratio will allow you to know about the number of teachers available to take charge of a class of 40-60 students.
Here are some suggestions for you to consider in this context.
- Do not sign up for an institution that has more students than the number of teachers available.
- You cannot expect someone to teach Maths, English, Chemistry, Biology, and Geography with equal diligence and proficiency.
- On the other hand, your ward will not be able to concentrate in a room of 60 students.
- According to researchers, 35-40 students in a class is the sweet spot.
So, take note of more of such useful insights and go about the process of choosing the right school for your children seamlessly.
The Board of Education
Do not just send your children to a school with random affiliation. Rather, consider conducting the right research and sign up for any of the following examination boards.
- WJEC (Welsh Joint Education Committee)
- CCEA (Council for the Curriculum, Examination, and Assessment)
- AQA (Assessment and Qualification Alliance)
Time and distance are involved.
It is not safe to make your children cover a humongous distance. So, the context of proximity plays a crucial role here. Make sure that the school isn’t situated far away.
It shouldn’t take your child more than 30 minutes to reach school from home and vice versa.
You can spot a school that offers ideal proximity or a list of preferred extracurricular activities. What about the faculty members? You need to lay focus on this topic as well. Here are some recommended ways to identify an institute with the best academic faculty.
- Visit the official website of the school.
- Try and figure out whether the portal has a separate page dedicated to the faculty members.
- Now, check and confirm whether the educators are registered according to the nation-based academic standards.
- Also, find out whether the educators are genuinely qualified and hold a track record of being nice and friendly with students.
Once you are confident of the faculty members your ward will be exposed to, go ahead and collect the school admission form accordingly.
Pay a visit in person.
Even though you are fully confident of the prospective institute, you must visit the place in person before making a decision. Check out the following suggestions and implement them.
- Take a walk around the school campus and check out its ambiance.
- Visit the principal’s room and have a few words with him/her.
- See whether the premise is clean and safe for your kids.
- Check whether there are responsible security guards at the gate.
Apart from following up with each of the aforementioned checkpoints, implement a word-of-mouth strategy and evaluate the following dimensions.
- Ask the existing members or parents regarding the institute’s tenure in the field of education and learning.
- See whether the academic institute is recognized and acknowledged by renowned academic platforms.
- Make sure that the school holds no reputation for encouraging any form of bullying in and around the premises.
Spend some time with your ward
Even before you choose to admit your children to a particular school, it is important for you to encourage the young one to participate in a brainstorming session.
Here are a couple of questions you must ask your children during the session.
- Are they ready to sign up for schooling?
- Are they aware of the concept of schooling?
- Ask if they are scared of anything? (If yes, then figure out the root cause)
Let your child decide the course.
You should always ask your children what they want. It is suggested to figure out their academic inclinations and choose a school accordingly.
There is no point getting your ward admitted to a school that is well known for engineering aspirants, while the young soul is more interested in English literature.
Stay away from controversies.
Lastly, you should expand your research avenues and figure out whether the institution has ever been a part of major controversies. If you spot the same, strike off the name and start looking for a better counterpart.
Now that you are aware of the things to consider when choosing the right school for your children, embrace the best practice and gift a better tomorrow to your wards.