A social networking feature is available on Spotify, just like it is on a variety of other media platforms available today. Spotify enables you to locate and add your friends, allowing you to investigate the musical preferences of those you’ve added.
In addition, followers on Spotify can monitor their favourite artists’ output by following the artists’ accounts, ensuring that they are the first to hear of any new music releases.
Here is how to follow someone on Spotify, in case you want to keep track of your favourite ska band or simply want to evaluate your best friend’s musical preferences.
Follow a Spotify user on your computer.
- Sign into Spotify on your Mac or PC.
- Search for the person you want to add using the “Search” bar. You need their username to find them, so ask first.
- In the search bar, type “spotify: user: username”
- Click “Follow” on their profile.
- This Spotify user’s activity appears in your Activity tab.
Find friends on Spotify to follow someone.
- Launch Spotify on your iPhone or Android. Log in if needed.
- Tap “Gear” then “View Profile” on Spotify’s homepage.
- Tap “Find friends” on Spotify to open a new page. Tap “Follow All” to follow everyone on the list.
Follow someone on Spotify using ‘Find Friends’ on your computer.
- Launch Spotify on your computer. Log in if needed.
- Click “Find Friends” in Spotify’s desktop app.
- Select friends to follow from “Find Friends.” Click “Follow All” to follow everyone’s suggestion.
How to keep up with your favourite artists on Spotify
- Start the Spotify app on your computer or mobile device, then sign in to access your account.
- Search for the artist whose work you want to follow on Spotify, then click on their profile when you find them.
- To immediately start following the artist, click the “Follow” button that is located on their profile page.
Also Read: Spotify Wiki