Is Quinoa Good For You to Lose Weight? We all need to eat a healthy and balanced diet to have good health. It entirely depends on our needs and requirements. Quinoa has amino acids and protein. Thus, quinoa is a better option for people trying to lose weight. The amount of fiber in quinoa is more, making quinoa a slightly healthier option. While quinoa has around 222 calories, these calories in quinoa are worth its nutrition. Quinoa has more potassium, making it better for kidney stones, hypertension, and weak bones. So it is best to have them in moderation.
Need To Know About Quinoa:
Quinoa is hugely popular now. It’s the new health fad. Quinoa‘s popularity has tarnished rice. Most people think quinoa is a grain. Quinoa is a seed from the goosefoot plant. It is comparable to grain in cooking and characteristics.
Due to the high protein content of quinoa, it is an excellent choice for folks who are attempting to lose a few excess pounds. It also contains all of the necessary amino acids that the body needs. Also noteworthy is that it is gluten-free. So making it a viable alternative for those who are allergic to the grain. Buy only certified quinoa if you have celiac disease to avoid any consequences from the condition.
These tiny seeds are packed with fiber. Which helps to keep you feeling satisfied for extended periods and prevents you from overindulging. Because of its high fiber content, quinoa aids with digestion, decreases cholesterol levels and helps to keep blood sugar levels under control. Not only that, but quinoa is also a good source of critical minerals such as manganese, zinc, calcium, and potassium. Moreover, phosphorous, selenium, and magnesium, amongst other things. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it beneficial for your intestinal health and general well-being.
Quinoa Has Excellent Health Benefits:
- No gluten: Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and is the ideal alternative to boost your diet’s nutritional and antioxidant content. Gluten-free diets can utilize Quinoa as a substitute. It may replace gluten-free items like maize and potato.
- Quinoa is a plant-based protein: rich in protein and fiber. Quinoa proteins include a variety of amino acids required by the body. So, these amino acids promote muscular growth and immunity. The high fiber content of Quinoa prevents constipation and maintains healthy blood sugar levels.
- Mineral-rich: Quinoa contains iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. Magnesium reduces type 2 diabetes, regulates blood sugar, and avoids sleeplessness. Iron is essential for healthy blood cells and the brain.
- Gut-healing properties: Quinoa is anti-inflammatory and protects the gastrointestinal system of the body.
- Quinoa is excellent for breakfast, lunch, or supper: But eat healthful foods like Quinoa before night. It helps you fall asleep by relaxing your muscles and calming your mind.
- One to two cups cooked Quinoa each day: should also avoid Quinoa if it causes stomach pain, itching, or vomiting. Ms. Chopra says the client has a quinoa allergy.