When you first use your Roku player or Roku TV, you will be prompted to create, activate, and link a Roku account. In order to do so, you will need to use an activation link that will be sent to the email address you provided during the registration process.
The steps you need to take to activate your Roku device
Roku activation Once you’ve followed the hardware setup instructions in your Roku’s Quick Start Guide, you can begin Guided Setup.
Guided Setup requires an email address to activate. To link your Roku account, use an email address that you regularly check. Your Roku account stores your streaming devices, channels, preferences, and settings. To manage your Roku account and receive important notifications, you need a valid email address. Choose a secure password.
Roku doesn’t charge to activate or create an account. Learn how to avoid fraudulent websites and support scams.
Avoid customer support and activation scams.
You’ll need access to your email to verify your account. To activate Roku:
- Internet access is required for your Roku device.
- Enter your e-mail address when prompted.
- Use your Roku account email address to log in if you already have an account.
- In order to use Roku Pay, you must add a payment method when creating a new Roku account.
Find the Roku activation email on your computer or phone. Check your spam folder if you can’t find the message.
Click Roku’s email activation link.
Follow the instructions on Roku’s website to create a free account or log in.
Complete all website steps before returning to your Roku. Once all steps are completed, you’ll see “Setup complete!” Any streaming channels you chose will be downloaded and installed after activation, and your Roku will be ready to use. After activation, you can remove or update channels.
Here’s what to do if Roku fails to send you an activation email
If you don’t receive a Roku activation email after completing the steps, check a few things to complete activation. If you don’t see an activation email, try these:
- Wait. In some cases, the activation email can take minutes. Wait a few minutes before troubleshooting.
- Check your email address. Extra characters in an email address can prevent it from activating.
- Inbox spam. Unrecognized senders may be blocked and their messages sent to a spam or junk folder. To ensure that the activation email and other Roku emails reach your inbox, check your spam folder and add Roku as a trusted sender.
What to do if the Roku link doesn’t work
Then return to the on-screen activation on your Roku device and perform the following steps if the troubleshooting steps for the activation email did not resolve your issue or if your activation link is not functioning properly:
- On your remote, hit the button labeled “Star” on the Roku controller.
- Select “Edit email”
- When prompted, please enter your email address again or update it.
- Make sure you check your inbox for an updated activation link.
If you are still unable to receive the activation email, you should attempt to activate your Roku device by using an email address that is different from the one you originally used.
Identifying and fixing problems with activation links
If you encounter an error during the activation process or become stuck at a particular stage, you can find more information on how to fix activation issues on the Roku support site.
This link expires 30 minutes after being sent to your email address. Resending the activation link on your Roku device will send a new email if the link has expired or if you have not received an email from us. Look in your inbox for a new activation link from Roku after a few minutes.
Try activating your Roku device with a different email address if either of these messages persists after you receive a new activation link.
first-time Roku users must create, activate, and link an account. You must use an activation link sent to your registered email address. Roku’s activation and account creation are free. You need a valid email address to manage and receive Roku notifications. If no activation email appears, try these: Add Roku as a trusted sender to ensure all emails reach your inbox.
If you still can’t receive the activation email, try using a different email address. How to fix a Roku link? Troubleshooting activation links