A Few Important Things to Know About Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Wood kitchen cabinets are a dream for the homeowners. The units are available in different sizes, shapes, designs, materials, and prices. Various kinds of wood species and finish options expand your choices. Wood is known for lending a warm contrast to stone, metal, tile, and even painted surfaces. Wood is durable. However, before investing in hardwood kitchen cabinetry, let’s have a quick look at some important points related to the same.
A few must-knows
If you want to install wood cabinets in the kitchen, consider the following:
- Only a very few manufacturers offer solid-wood kitchen furniture. The others mostly use plywood-box construction as well as supports to curtail the cost.
- Kitchen cabinets can be made from almost any kind of wood. You may choose cherry kitchen cabinets, maple cabinets, oak cabinets, and many more. Every wood species has its own graining and color. And both of these have significant aspects in terms of a natural finish. If you’re looking for something eco-friendly, bamboo could be a good choice for you.
- Some cabinets are made from engineered wood. This is nothing but lamination of thin wood layers. After the layers are laminated, a wood veneer is applied to give it a professional look. These are less expensive in comparison to solid-wood ones.
- If you’re a fan of wood cabinets, but your pocket doesn’t permit, act tricky. Choose wood-veneer or solid-wood for the doors and facings of the cabinet. On the other hand, you can use particleboard or low-grade wood for the boxes.
- They are easily cleanable. Also, you don’t want to spend much time maintaining the furniture pieces.
- They are beautiful, warm, and inviting. They maintain quality while offering the charm to make people feel welcomed and pleased.
- Wood is natural; it’s timeless. Its contrast with glossy stone worktops and shining stainless steel appliances add extra richness to the surroundings.
- Solid wood cabinets are available at discount rates as well. Keep your eyes open for local garage sales. You can also contact the cabinet sellers. They might be interested in offering you displayed items at a discounted price. These are the viable options for getting discount kitchen cabinets. Wood cabinets can be customized as per the dimensions you’re looking for. The cabinets are available in various shapes, depths, heights, and sizes. This makes your cooking space more unique than that of your neighbor’s.
- The cabinets ensure value for money. They are a good selling point. If you want to sell your home in the future, your wood kitchen cabinetry will drive up the value of the home. This way, they make your investment worthwhile.
- Though the durability of the cabinets depends on the wood species you choose, most of them are highly durable. They last for years. Even if they suffer damages over the years, you easily sand and re-stain the finish.
- If you don’t like the original look of the wood, stain the same. Wood is highly customizable in terms of color, size, and gloss intensity.
Discussed above are some of the important things that you must know before investing in solid wood kitchen cabinets.