If you are always ahead of the self-care game, what’s exactly stopping you from treating your car right? Logbook servicing is as important to a vehicle as much as routine health check-ups are for humans. It is a type of service that tends to individual vehicle care. This approach involves repairing in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications. Each logbook service has defined tasks that are performed at specified time periods to ensure efficiency and smooth running.
Stamping a logbook
Logbooks are complimentary aids to a car purchase. A logbook service requires stamping on the logbook to confirm servicing by a repair or service centre. A vehicle logbook is a manual issued by the manufacturer that holds information regarding the vehicle’s service specifications. It has precise instructions that guide a mechanic through every servicing interval.
Benefits of a logbook service
A logbook car service has several rewarding effects:
- Increases a car’s resale value – A car that is well-maintained and regularly kept in check will always have a higher resale value compared to cars with no routine servicing done.
- Provides individual care – A logbook service is pretty different from regular servicing. It employs a more personalised approach while dealing with repairs, faults and checks.
- Maintains a car’s warranty – A logbook service is always performed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. So, the car is kept in routine check and serviced for optimal results.
- Prolongs car life – Logbook servicing ensures efficient vehicle performance. It keeps the vehicle in check and helps to extend the car life.
- Cut down potential repair costs – A logbook servicing session helps with the savings of an individual. Routine checks, replacements, fits and repair ensure a steady health chart of a vehicle and its parts. A vehicle that has had regular logbook servicing will always be in check and suffer way less wear and tear. This is a sure-shot way of saving on potential repair costs as the vehicle is repeatedly checked and kept functional.
- Saves time and money – Logbook services are recorded and the paperwork is a live-saver when it comes to detecting faults early. It helps a mechanic understand the work better, understand faults and saves a good deal of time and money.
Getting routine logbook services done on time will guarantee a smooth and healthy car life. Although it is specified to get log books stamped by an authorised dealer, there is no such compulsion. The only requirement is to get the servicing done by a car mechanic who is qualified and equipped with essential tools.
What a logbook service entails in its list of repairs and checks
Listed below are a few common repairs, replacements and checks covered during a logbook service session:
- Engine oil and oil filter replacement–Engine oil performs the basic function of lubrication and cooling. Over time, the friction causes engine wear and tear. The smooth performance of a vehicle gets disrupted and thus, the engine oil and oil filters need to be changed to remove accumulated gunk.
- Brake inspection and wheel alignment – Brakes are the most important part of a vehicle. Brakes ensure safety and prevent accidental damages. Brake inspection usually means inspecting all of its components i.e. the brake pedal, brake assemblies, brake fluid, brake lines and hoses. Wheel alignment is important to prevent screeching tyres, crooked steering while driving straight and uneven tyres.
- Steering inspection and adjustment – The steering wheel needs a whole lot of inspection and attention. It has to be adjusted and checked to maintain safety protocols and to avoid accidents.
- Fluid level inspection – Fluid levels need to be checked at repeated intervals to ensure the proper functioning of a vehicle. There are a few important fluids that maintain a car’s overall functional value.
- Tyre pressure inspection – Deflated tyres are of no use as it decreases performance. Tyre pressure inspection is necessary as it ensures the comfort and safety of the passengers.
Choosing a reliable log book service centre
Deciding on which agency or centre to choose for a logbook service can get complicated. Here are some suggestions that might help make the process a little easy:
- Qualified mechanic – The primary step is to ensure that the logbook services are being performed under experienced supervision and by a qualified mechanic.
- Quality replacement parts – A licensed and trustworthy service centre will always value quality and provide immaculate services and replacement parts.
- Efficient servicing – A logbook service performed by skilled staff with individual care being taken to inspect each and every car part will always end up in increased vehicle efficiency.
- Honest pricing – A reliable and trustworthy centre with a fair pricing scheme is always the best deal for a consumer.
- Added advice and report – Ideally, a dealer should provide expert advice and a detailed report after servicing. It highlights the dealer’s integrity, commitment and loyalty towards the consumer.
The promising end result of logbook servicing is indeed immense and convincing. Logbook services are a good deal as far as a vehicle’s health and functionality are concerned. Delaying on service dates are a loss and a growing opportunity for potential damage or repair costs. If you are still in two minds about logbook car servicing and looking for a car service Adelaide, Consult a reliable Adelaide car mechanic quick and get your car the care it deserves.